Sunday, October 7, 2007

Investment tracking

Since I am about to be jobless in the not too distant future, investments will be my primary source of income. Over the last few years, my track record has been decent with steady returns around 10% and minimal MoM losses. This is also with no leverage and anywhere between 25 to 60% of assets in cash. Not Warren Buffet type of returns but enough to continue to grow my nest egg. Now that I have to rely on investments to feed my family, I have to take it more seriously. Blogging will help me keep myself honest and I will start putting my ideas and analysis here just so that I can refer back to it.

Let me start off with a situation overview:
- my family will always have a roof over our head since my apartment is debt free
- current portfolio: 23% HK real estate, 3% equities, 10% LT investments, 58% cash
- there will be some income for next 15 mths which will more than cover living expenses
- i am starting my own companies. Capital need is still unclear.

My objectives will be:
- no capital losses
- annual returns of 15%
- minimal leverage

To get there, there are a few rules to observe (in no particular order):
1) Observe where the market wants to go instead of where you want it to go or where it ought to go.

2) Take good risks

3) Believe in your analysis

4) Buy quality companies at reasonable price

5) Understand both the relative and the absolute

Will add to these rules once I am up and running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]